The Trust Wallet Token (TWT) rose 7.38% to US$1.08 in the 24 hours leading up to 8:15 p.m. in Hong Kong to lead gains among the top 100 cryptocurrencies by market capitalization on Wednesday.
See related article: US legislators to discuss CBDC prevention bill on Sept. 20
- TWT, the native token of the non-custodial crypto wallet Trust Wallet, gained 15.01% in the past seven days, the third highest increase among the top 100 coins, according to CoinGecko data.
- TWT’s price surge follows a major upgrade and rebranding effort by the cryptocurrency wallet provider.
- The upgrade features a new logo, a redesigned application interface easier navigation, the introduction of light and dark themes, improved wallet switching, along with the cryptocurrency software wallet provider’s new tagline, “Trust Yourself.”
- Trust Wallet is a hot wallet, or a crypto storage service accessed through the internet, that claims to have over 70 million users. The wallet supports over 100 blockchains according to the company’s official website.
- Trust Wallet was acquired by Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange, in 2018.