Rebooted Terra blockchain Luna tokens value already crashing after selloff

Rebooted Terra blockchain Luna tokens value already crashing after selloff

Posted on


The new Luna cryptocurrency belonging to the collapsed Terra blockchain that was relaunched over the weekend has had its value drop almost 70% during a massive selloff after it was distributed.

The new tokens were “airdropped” to investors by Terraform Labs, the developer of the Terra stablecoin, as part of the revival of the blockchain after it went into a death spiral in early May. During its crash, the original Luna cryptocurrency lost more than 99% of its value and is now completely worthless.

The original Terra blockchain had two cryptocurrencies. A stablecoin TerraUSD, or UST, which kept parity with the US Dollar, was used to make it easier to trade with other cryptocurrencies because of its low volatility and Luna, which was used to help UST keep its parity, or “peg,” with USD. These tokens have been renamed “Terra Classic” and “Luna Classic.”

Image: CoinGecko

The new Luna tokens on the revived blockchain opened with a market value of approximately $19.50 and now sell at around $6.60 at 12 p.m. EST, a drop of approximately 67%, according to CoinGecko.

In order to incentivize investors to maintain their stake in the revived blockchain, co-founder and Chief Executive Do Kwon announced that the new Luna tokens would be distributed to holders who kept holding Luna tokens even during the crash.

The new blockchain, called Phoenix-1, launched early Saturday morning. Holders with more than 10,000 Luna from before the collapse were disbursed 30% of their holdings immediately with the remaining 70% to be rolled out over the next two years. This was done to prevent another crash caused by sell-offs.

Image: TheDigitalArtist/Pixabay

Show your support for our mission by joining our Cube Club and Cube Event Community of experts. Join the community that includes Amazon Web Services and Amazon.com CEO Andy Jassy, Dell Technologies founder and CEO Michael Dell, Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger and many more luminaries and experts.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *