Bitcoin’s price has dipped to its lowest point since December 2021 amidst bearish cryptocurrency market sentiments to trade at US$28,652, according to CoinMarketCap data at press time.
See related article: Terra LUNA’s sacrifice pushes UST to US$0.84
- Ethereum is now at its cheapest value since July 2021 after a 15.16% daily drop trade at US$2,017.83 at press time.
- Top 10 non-stablecoin cryptocurrencies are reeling from losses as the global crypto market capitalization fell by more than 13%, with XRP, Cardano (ADA), and Dogecoin sliding by over 25% in the past 24 hours.
- The BNB price dropped by over 19% while Solana’s losses exceeded 30% in the past 24 hours.
- UST, Terra’s algorithmic stablecoin which lost its dollar peg earlier this week, is trading at US$0.68 after recovery measures have been announced.
- Traditional finance was also in loss territory as the S&P 500 closed down 1.65% on Wednesday, the Dow Jones Industrial down 1.02%, and Nasdaq Composite down 3.18%.
See related article: Bitcoin, crypto market dive to lowest mark since February