Australian crypto exchange BTC Markets Pty Ltd has partnered with the 2022 Australian Fashion Week (AFW) in launching a couture dress as a non-fungible token (NFT) in collaboration with local designer Daniel Avakian.
See related articles: How high fashion is waking up to blockchain’s possibilities
- The dress will be displayed physically during the weeklong fashion show, which is being held at various venues across Sydney from May 9, as well as virtually in an animated avatar format and will be available for purchase both as an NFT and a real garment.
- BTC Markets CEO Caroline Bowler said the annual fashion event provided an opportunity to engage with Australia’s growing community of crypto-savvy women.
- “With crypto being traditionally male-dominated both on the industry and investor side, we understood that as a crypto company led by a female CEO and COO, we had to break new ground, and [AFW] offered us the right opportunity to do so,” she said.
- Data show surging interest in cryptocurrencies among Australian women, with the number of females signing up for crypto trading accounts rising 128% last year, compared to 83% growth for men, according to BTC Markets recent Investor Study Report.
- The report also found women have different investment styles from men, often with larger initial deposits and fewer trades, reflecting investment patterns found in other asset classes.
See related article: Vogue NFTs for humanitarian aid in Ukraine list on OpenSea