Pikotaro, the Japanese singer-songwriter and creator of the 2016 global sensation Pen-Pineapple-Apple-Pen (PPAP), is teaming up with famed nine-year-old non-fungible token (NFT) artist Zombie Zoo Keeper to create a unique NFT project.
See related article: Japan’s messenger app LINE launches NFT marketplace
- The new music video, named “Zombie Zoo to PIKOTARO DESU,” will be hosted on Los Angeles-based Web 3.0 (Web3) launchpad OP3N.
- Wengie, a popular YouTuber with more than 13 million subscribers, is directing the video.
- Exclusive early access to the full music video will be given to “PikoZoo” NFT holders — a total of 1 thousand frames of the new music video will be minted as limited-edition NFTs, each priced at 0.08ETH (US$240.09)
- The creative project marks a new era of entertainment in Japan as the two icons representing Web2 and Web3 converge, according to OP3N.
- The pre-sale of the NFT goes live Tuesday 12 p.m. Japan Standard Time (JST), followed by the public sale on April 28, 12 p.m.
See related article: Japanese billionaire Yusaku Maezawa issues NFT from space