At least 500 Ether looted from the US$600 million Ronin hack has been transferred to Tornado Cash.
See related article: Axie Infinity blockchain Ronin hacked for over $600M
- An Ethereum address associated with the hack made two 100 ETH deposits to Tornado Cash on Monday morning Asia time.
- Over an hour later, the address made three more 100 ETH deposits to Tornado cash.
- On March 23, a hacker took control of validator nodes to steal 173,600 ETH and 25.5 million USDC from the Ronin ecosystem, the Ethereum side-chain that powers popular non-fungible token (NFT) game Axie Infinity.
- Tornado Cash is an Ethereum mixer that helps obfuscate users’ blockchain footprints.
- Axie Infinity developer Sky Mavis has delayed its Origin upgrade to focus its resources on recovery operations.
See related article: Ronin hack delays Axie Infinity upgrade